Thursday, January 8, 2015

Saying goodbye to Plastic People, London



A 20 year legacy has just come to a close. Here is a recording of the final night at Plastic People, with DJs Floating Points and Four Tet at the steering wheels for the evening. Too bad I couldn't be there in person to witness it, but this will give us all an idea of how great it must have been.

I consider myself lucky to have graced the Plastic People sound system just one year ago. I want to give a special thanks to Charlotte and Floating Points for giving me the opportunity to play in one of the world's best DJ venues of all time. Also special thanks to all the dancers, and amazing people I met there, like Plastic People flyer designer Ali, to UK legendary DJ Patrick Forge, Laura Coxeter (check out her brilliant radio show on NTS), as well as partying with Mark Gurney (http://www.independentmovement.co.uk/) Mike Shawe (hot buttered Soul) Red Greg, Zaf Music (I Love Vinyl record shop in London, check them out), Layla and Leigha and countless other people all getting down was spectacular.

Here is a great little interview in the Guardian with Ade the club owner, and Floating Points about Plastic People: CLICK

It's the end of a great club, but it just means that the start of something amazing and new will be around the bend, just round the bend...

No comments: