Monday, May 2, 2011

Washington DC Disco Invasion with Love On The Run & Deep Sang Report!



This past weekend I was asked to DJ at Marvin, a soul oriented club named after Marvin Gaye, in Washington DC. I've been to DC before, so you won't see many photos of our monuments on this trip. Instead, it was a great weekend filled with soul music parties, record shops and friends old and new.












Marvin is the venue I DJ'd at, and there are two floors, divided between the restaurant downstairs, and the club upstairs. Upstairs, the club has an outdoor and indoor area decorated with vintage photos of recording artists. It was a beautiful night, and both the outdoors and indoors were PACKED with dancers that were up for our mix of classic and obscure Soul and Disco records we played, so we couldn't ask for anything more. We partied like it was 1999.


I met Marshall (on the left) that night, and he opened up with smoking Soul-Jazz cuts, setting up the room perfectly for Deep Sang (on the right) and I. I got on early with some midtempo soul cuts, before Jacob got back on and upped the tempo for the heads that were ready to dance. I got on again and started lighting that fire under their asses with some heavy Disco, and the rest of the night was Deep Sang and I trading back and forth. It was a great night full of heavy soulful Disco gems. We had a blast. Thanks jacob, let's do it again soon bro...

No comments: