Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I Love The Night Life



Consider me a victim of NYC nightlife. I've been going out since I've been 14 years old (many moons ago), and I still can't get enough of this shit. I've been going to jazz/funk, disco, house, afro, soul, reggae, hip-hop, etc clubs since as long as I can remember, which meant sneaking into clubs illegally. There is something so damn funky about this tune, and it simultaneously celebrates all things nightlife, which brings out the nostalgia in me. I can remember the way I felt the first times I visited clubs and heard so much amazing music that changed my life, when I hear this tune. Road trips, playlists, getting bent, mix-tapes, gear, late nights, buses, fly girls, turntables, record stores, DJ crews, promoting, etc etc etc. And we still have so many good times ahead for us. New friends, new venues, new vinyl discoveries, new parties, and of course the future of Foreal People! This jam sums it up for me, and I hope it does for you too!

No comments: